Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Letters to thecheappop.com


Letters finally answered... sorry fans



January 9, 2006

Dear thecheappop,
First of all Happy New Year. The site looks great! I waited months for that Leapin' Lanny
interview, and it must have taken you guys forever to transcribe that one. Gosh, he's
so smart and dandy. I hope you guys interview other wrestlers from the '80s like maybe
The Iron Sheik, he was cool. I liked his boots a lot. How cool is Star Wars??!
Hank H. Smith
Boise, Idaho

November 10, 2005

Dear thecheappop guys,

I've been keeping up with your site for about a month or so and have enjoyed reading
your celebrity interviews as well as your many opinion pages. I can't, however, seem to
find a recipe for grandma's lemon meringue pie. Can you please help me? Thanks.

Frank Douglas,
Kansas City Kansas

Dear Frank,
We're very pleased that you've been viewing the site. We have a staff that is dedicated to making our fans
entertained, day-in and day-out. And, oh Frank, try under the sofa.

Sincerely,
thecheappop staff


November 9, 2005

Dear thecheappop.com,
Congratulations on getting linked to college humor and scoring an interview with a famous Buddhist. I do have a question, though... Why on earth do you have a section devoted to mustaches? What's that all about?

Patrick Schudoodle
Glen Falls, MI

Dear Patrick,
Thank you for writing into us. We appreciate it. We devote a section on mustaches, because mustaches are cool... You know like the one your mom has.
Thanks again, Pat.

Sincerely,
thecheappop.com staff


October 24, 2005

Dear the cheappop,
My friend told me about your site. I think it's pretty cool. I think I might be hooked.
I'm going to start growing a mustache so I can send you a jpeg of myself.

All the best,
Janice Matthews
Boise, Idaho

Dear Janice,
Thanks for writing in, but please don't grow a mustache. Our site prides itself for loving facial hair, but on women, mustaches are simply not cool... that is unless you're Bea Arthur.

Sincerely,
thecheappop.com staff

October 22, 2005

Dear Cheap Popsters,
I live in a small quiant American town where cheap pop is what we live on. It only costs us 35 cent for a can of soda pop in any nearby shop. Now, I hear your website is going to drive up the price of our cheap pop because of the principle of supply and demand. My cheap pop is furious, he drinks cheap beer and won't let me buy my cheap pop anymore because the price has gone up to 50 cent. His cheap beer hasnt gone up in price because there not is a website called thecheapbeer.com. How do you feel about yourself?

Eugene Matthews,
Rolling Hills,AL

Dear Eugene,
Thank you for your letter, but we feel you are misunderstood. Our website has nothing to do with inexpensive beverages, and everything to do with shear entertainment. We understand that you are from a small town where the population is limited in brain activity, but please read the fine print before you send us another letter In other words, we feel pretty good about ourselves. . In an unrelated note, your marriage is illegal in 50 states.

Thanks for writing...

Sincerely,
thecheappop.com staff

October 20, 2005

Dear thecheappop,

I really am enjoying your site, and your articles each day. Keep up the good work- just a quick question: Why is your site full of wrestling stuff?

Sincerely,
Bob Conrad, New Rochelle, NY


Dear Bob,
Thank you for taking the time and letting us know how you feel about the site. We're pleased that you have found time in your schedule to fit us in. As for your question, our site indeed features wrestling interviews and/or columns, and even borrows a common wrestling term as our site's name. We hope that answers your question, jackass.

From,
thecheappop.com staff


October 18, 2005

Dear thecheappop,

Your site is a breath of fresh air. I can't help looking at your site while I'm at work during the day or at night in which I play Air Supply's Greatest Hits LP while shaving my legs and eating watermellon. Tell me how you guys do it!

From,
Chuck Smith, Portland, OR

Dear Chuck,
We're pleased that you like our site so much and share a common love for the group of Air Supply, but please don't write another letter to us until the burning sensation you have when you urinate goes away.

From,
thecheappop.com staff

No comments: